background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pinterest inspired wall art

I am so super excited about this project! My friend pinned this but there's no way I'd pay that amount for something so simple so I set about to make a knockoff at a fraction of the price.  As it turns out, all the supplies for this were found in my garage so this was another free project!

I started out with a 24 inch by 24 inch thin board, although canvas would probably work better.  I also had some chipboard letters I'd ordered from Stampin' Up a couple of years ago, some leftover white spray paint and some brown ribbon.

This project was just as easy as it looks!  First, I measured out where I wanted the letters, then used spray adhesive to adhere them to the board.  Just to be on the safe side, I also used a thin layer of hot glue, but maybe I was just being paranoid!

After the letters dried, I gave it a good couple of coats of white paint.  As you can probably see, the color I had originally painted this wood shows through, but since it coordinates with our master bedroom where this ultimately will live, I don't mind.

When that was dried, I used a paddle bit to drill two small holes in the wood and dug up some brown ribbon to tie it with.  I'm not sure that is the best ribbon for this project, but we'll see if it grows on me.  For now though, I am glad to cross this off my list of Pinterest inspired projects.

Here's a few pictures!





Have  a great week!

Linking to these parties

No comments:

Post a Comment