Today had so much promise.
I was going to sleep in a bit, get on the elliptical, whip up a batch of baby food for the baby, drop off Oldest at school then head to the office for a pretty light work day and then dinner out with the girls. While I did manage to do some of those things, my sunny outlook on today was somewhat dimmed when I passed out in the shower. The shower that (as embarrassing as this is to admit) needs cleaning. A lot of cleaning. And also Drano. Oh gosh, have I managed to completely gross out my only reader (shout out to you Katie!!)
Anyway, I roused myself enough to rinse my hair, while sitting in the now-filling tub, but I was too afraid to stay in the shower so I skipped the conditioner and got out of the shower. Side note: My hair looks fine today- actually less puffy than when it usually air drys. I did put a small amount in as a leave-in... this may be an experiment worth furthering under better circumstances.
So as I'm standing there in the bathroom, I realized that if I passed out again, I would likely hit my head on the toilet and knock myself (further) out, where most likely I would remain until my sister who watches our kids would find me. Naked, wet and unconscious is not how I want to be found by anyone, especially my family members, so I crawled, still soaked, into bed. Immediately the thought hit me that if I threw up in the bed, I'd have to change the sheets and since we just did that this weekend, there was no way I was going to wash another set of sheets so soon. So back to the bathroom I went. It took about 15 minutes of sitting there before I finally got up the strength to stand, get dressed and start moving. I managed to partially recover, but not before forgetting to take out the trash, dropping of Oldest 25 minutes late to school and forgetting my cell phone charger.
Oh well..... at least it was double punch Tuesday at the smoothie place. :)
Hah! Don't worry, my shower needs plenty of cleaning too. It would probably need drano, if it weren't for the fact that I bought this little metal/mesh inverted hat thingie, that I stick inside the drain area every time I wash my hair. I shed like nobody's business. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI really hope you're feeling better though! Sounds like an awful way to spend a day!