background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

5 things I really like

In contrast to what I posted last week, and in effort to appear less of a "glass is half empty" kind of girl, I'm posting 5 things I really like. 

1. Muddy Buddy mix/puppy chow, whatever you call it I love this stuff!  I currently have a gallon size bag of this that I made last week and I'm hoping to make it to the weekend with some still left!


2. Spring in Texas means bluebonnets.  Lots and lots of bluebonnets.  I love driving down the freeway and seeing huge stretches of the pretty blue flowers, almost as much as I love forcing our kids to do roadside pictures in the bluebonnets!


3. I can't remember the last article of clothing I got for me, the Mister or the kids that was brand new from the retailer.  I absoltely LOVE thrift store shopping.  There are so many great deals on clothes, and I loving combing the housewares section for new gadgets.  Books for me or the kids are always so cheap and of course there's loads of items just waiting to be DIY'd, deconstructed or spray painted and given new life.  What's not to love?


4.  I tried to only stick to 2 food items, because if I didn't, I could have filled up an entire post of food items that I love, but popcorn had to make the cut.  It's the perfect snack- it can be salty or sweet, it's cheap and ready in no time at all.  Yum, I could go for some now!


5.  Go ahead and laugh if you want to, but there's something so fun about getting wrapped up in a fluffy piece of chick it.  I'll go one step further and admit that sometimes I pick books solely based on the cover or jacket.  Yes, I am that shallow at times ;) 

So, that's my list of 5 things I like.... which now that I think about it was a little harder than the original list of 5 things I don't like.  Hmm, something to work on I think..... !

No comments:

Post a Comment