background

Monday, August 29, 2011

Update on my 101 in 1001 list

I've been hard at work trying to get things to cross off of my list, so it's about time for an update.

Here's what I've been up to lately...

9. Host a Mother's day tea/brunch- 5/14/11 This turned out beautiful! I DIY'd the centerpieces, which everyone loved and no one believed were made from Dollar Tree items.  The food was really yummy, the speaker was funny and touching and best of all, I've been asked to do it again next year.  Definitely a success!

34. Have all my too-long pants professional altered. 7/13/11 A guy from work laughed when I said this was on my list, but at 5'2" on a good day, this is important!  It's amazing to have pants that actually fit, I'll never put it off that long again!

58. Sing in front of the Mister.7/21/11 On part of our multi-leg road trip vacation with the kids, I turned on my iPod and started singing.  Softly at first but eventually loud enough that he could hear me...... it still makes me nervous, but the first time wasn't bad so now I know there's no reason to hold back.

76. Get rid of all my old bras and underwear and start from scratch. 7/28/11 This was another "why didn't I do this long ago" item.  I think it needs no explanation to wear a bra that actually fits!

82. Visit 5 states I've never been to. 7/12/11 and 7/13/14- Two down here.  Minnesota and Wisconsin both for work.  Great times in both states, makes me miss the good ol' midwest!

It feels so good to tick things off the list, and I've got in mind the next couple items I want to start working on soon so stay tuned..... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment