I'm so excited to say that I can check off a number of items from my 101 list.
72. Influence someone to make a 101 in 1001 list. -- I shared my list with my BFF and while she had a list in her head, she hadn't put anything down on paper/screen. She listed about 85 items, but as this is about quality rather than quantity, I'm going to call this one done. I'm really excited to see her check off items one by one!
15. Read one book a month. 1/34-- This isn't really a major accomplishment because I do read quite regularly, but last month I finished reading "Bitter is the New Black" by Jen Lancaster. I've read books of hers before and this was entertaining and an easy read. Next up is "Decision Points" by George W Bush. I'm about 50 pages in and so far I find it really interesting and engaging, but it is a long book so I need to get reading!
14. Attend a live music show of the Mister’s choosing. -- I've got to be honest, I didn't go into this one with a really great attitutde. Last Friday, my sweet Mister had arranged for a babysitter (his amazing cousin C) and we were off for a date to a live recording session for a gospel artist we both enjoy. We got there a few minutes before it started and got GREAT seats. The music was great, it was really nice to enjoy some good worshipful music with my husband without being distracted by other things or people. I was, however, starving from only eating a small lunch so we left after about an hour to head to dinner.
7. Try 5 new (to me) restaurants. (1/5)-- This was part 2 of our date on Friday. We went to Nate's Seafood and Steakhouse in Addison and it was amazing. I wasn't expecting much as it's sort of a dive restaurant in North Dallas and seemed a bit smoky in some areas, but it was delicious. Our waiter was a nice guy, the fried pickles were delicious, probably my favorite appetizer! They provided garlic bread and hushpuppies, which I couldn't stop popping into my mouth, and I don't usually like hushpuppies! Then the shrimp and crawfish ettoutfee (sp?) was so tasty and huge portions so we both took some home. All in all, it was a great night and even better that I could cross off some items from my list.
I'm working on some others, hopefully I'll have more updates soon!
Woohoo! Love seeing updates on 101 in 1001's :)
ReplyDelete