I have what I think would be best classified as a pizza obsession. There's something about pizza that makes it perfect to eat at any time. The only problem with this love for cheesy, melty, saucy delicious pie is that it's a little pricy. About a year or so ago, I got a bread machine and started making my own dough. I'll be honest and say it's been hit or miss since then so I won't post a dough recipe at this point, but one thing I have learned.... use the proper flour! Bread flour is ideal but in a pinch, all purpose flour will do. What I have done well with is toppings. I've tried 3 cheese (mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan), cheese and pepperoni, sausage and mushroom, Mexican (corn salsa, black beans, shredded chicken and shredded cheddar) and make your own for the kids, but on Sunday night, I made what I think is my favorite so far.
Behold my "Grown-Ups Only" Pizza! (please excuse the poor picture quality, I was in a hurry to dig in!)
I suggest pre-baking your crust to crisp it up a bit, then layer on your toppings:
Classico Alfredo Sauce mixed with minced garlic
Sprinkling of Oregano, Sage and Basil- don't skip this step this REALLY adds something!
Shredded Chicken (from my freezer cooking day)
Chopped Red Onions (I used raw, next time I'll caramelize them first for a different taste)
Sliced Fresh Mushrooms (just say NO to canned mushrooms!)
Thawed Chopped Spinach (next time I'll use fresh)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Pop this in the oven and when it comes out, you'll have a pizza loaded down with melty cheese, creamy garlicky sauce, slightly sweet red onions and juicy chicken. Let the kids have the plain cheese pizza, this is one for grown ups only!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment